Technical Writer/Business Analyst
The Technical Writer/Business Analyst plays an integral role in both the product design process, and the technical documentation process. In this entry level role, you'll analyze and document user/functional requirements, and prepare complex documentation to support users. This will include instruction manuals, release notes, and online help for several projects. This is an entry level position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with a broad array of people, from users to internal employees to gain insight into the product, and its functionality. From this collaboration you'll:
- Provide documentation for requirements gathering; process analysis; gap analysis; design of new functionalities; and product testing.
- Create a Design Specification (DS) documents, and Functional Specification (FS) documents.
- Verify that the implemented changes are mapped to the user and functional requirements.
- Compose, edit, and produce documentation for existing and new developed applications/features.
- Develop online help package for the developed changes or update the existing online help package.
- Checks the accuracy and adequacy of the documentation against EtQ products by doing periodic reviews, editing, and validation.
- Investigate reported issues about documentation and take the proper action.
- Does needed researches/investigations to find new tools to enhance the generated documentation.
- Researches for tools that enhance the quality of the produced documentation.
- 0–3 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Strong ability to learn and absorb new concepts is required
- Strong writing and communication skills are essential
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; able to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to understand and document solutions for complex business problems with accuracy.
- B.S. degree in software engineering, computer science, MIS or any related field.
- Sponsorship not available for this position