The Accountant will be responsible for the day–to–day accounting, including the accounts receivable function, reconciliations and will work closely with the Senior Manager, Accounting. Will work in all aspects of the accounting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains financial security of organization by assuring internal control compliance
- Records Management
- Contract database
- Keeps all accounts receivable records organized
- Ensures system of organization adheres to the association's record retention policy
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepare invoices for all departments
- Prepares received checks for deposit
- Apply payments received into CRM
- Follow–up on collections of outstanding A/R
- Creates batches for all receipts (checks, credit cards, ACHs, wires)
- Monthly Close
- Closes all batches for all receipts in advance of preparation of the monthly financial statements
- Monthly reconciliation of deposits to bank statement
- Reviews transaction lines in CRM to ensure accuracy
- Yearly Audit & Tax Returns
- Supports Senior Manager, Accounting with preparation of 1099's
- Provides assistance during annual audit and associated tax returns with external auditors
- Continued Learning
- Keeps abreast of current industry events and stay up–to–date on job knowledge
- Participates in educational opportunities, engaging in professional organizations, and reading professional publications
- Performs other duties as assigned
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, and GAAP for non–profits as well as a minimum of three years of experience in finance and/or accounting. Experience working with 501(c)3 and 501(c)6 non–profit organizations is preferred.
Must have familiarity with CRM database software, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must have a proven track–record of confidentiality and record–keeping. Must be organized, detail–oriented, and able to multi–task while being innovative and proactive.
Must be willing to take a hands–on approach to all facets within an accounting department. Must display a passion for excellence that helps to elevate the NACD brand. Must exhibit excellent spoken and written communication skills, collaborative work ethic combined with a strong sense of independent ownership of tasks, and a genuine desire to learn. An ability to balance team and individual responsibilities and deliver and welcome feedback is essential.
Familiarity with Salesforce and/or Microsoft Dynamic SL is preferred.
Why Work at NACD?
NACD is committed to fostering a corporate culture that engages, inspires, and challenges its employees. The organization values energetic dialogue, creative thinking, and innovative problem–solving. Employees at all levels are given a voice on how to best serve NACD members and deliver on the mission of the association. We offer a generous benefits package and a positive, collegial workplace atmosphere in a metro–accessible location.
Our office is located in Arlington, VA––just one block from the Courthouse Metro Station. NACD does not pay for expenses related to relocation.
If interested, submit your résumé to Sharon Njuguna at . No calls, please.