Minnesota Dakotas Episcopal Area Camp Accountant
The Minnesota Dakotas Episcopal Area is seeking a part–time Area Camp Accountant. This position is 25 hours per week in the Minnesota Area Offices located near Franklin and Nicollet Avenue in Minneapolis. The accounting software utilized is cloud–based allowing for some telecommuting in the position. The position reports to the Area Director of Camp and Retreat Ministries. The purpose of the position is accounting, reporting and analysis for the area camp and retreat ministries that include camps in Minnesota (3), North Dakota (1) and South Dakota (2).
Key Outcomes include:
?? Area camp and retreat ministry will have accurate and timely financial reports that will include detailed review, comparative analysis, and explanation for variances around short and long terms goals and projections.
?? Area Director of Camp and Retreat Ministry will have direct access to designated financial staff support for mission critical analysis for management, regular and consistent review/feedback of eight operating budgets with spending plans, timely reporting, and direct/real–time on–line access to area financials.
?? Camp Accounts accounting records maintained with accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform accounting function for area camp and retreat ministry.
- Minnesota's general ledger, payables, receivables using NetSuite and payroll using ADP.
- Prepare/produce documents, schedules, reports, and mailings as requested by staff and elected leaders.
- Dakota's general ledger using Xledger.
- Prepare bank deposits for Minnesota.
- Provide regular analysis and projections for both short and long–term financial goals.
- Prepare schedules for audit under direction of conference controller/treasurer.
- Generate 1099's for Minnesota.
- Staying informed about compliance with FLSA and federal programs.
- Daily reporting/feedback to Area Director of Camp and Retreat Ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The minimum qualifications include an Associate degree in accounting, minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience (including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports) or comparable combination of education and experience. Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, processes and operating general office equipment. Experience with seasonal FLSA exemption preferred.
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter to .