National Able Network, a growing Chicago–based organization specializing in the provision of innovative workforce development, employment and training programs, has an exciting opportunity for a service oriented professional with solid experience in: accounting and analytical work. This individual will partner with other functions such as, finance, IT, business development, workforce development programs and executive team members to respond to audit requests, RFPs, and other program requirements.
The Staff Accountant reports to the CFO. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, maintain cost allocation spreadsheets, and update as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financials.
- Assist developing departmental procedures and improvement of financial policies and procedures to improve analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Review general ledger activity for accuracy and necessary reclassifications.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing journal entries for monthly close.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer's benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Provides financial supportive services in all aspects of day– to– day accounting activities to other nonprofit organizations as assigned by CFO.
- Complete any special projects as assigned.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with GP accounting software including generating & designing reports and general ledger maintenance.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in use of word and computerized excel spreadsheets.
- Must be a self–starter, detailed and project orientated, and a problem solver with strong system and problem–solving skills
- Veterans Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Accounting and/or Finance related field
- 2 + years' experience in accounting or related field
Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: (NOTE THE SPECIFIC POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability