The Impact You Will Have:
The Senior Accountant evaluates complex transactions, records journal entries, and reconciles general ledger accounts as necessary to ensure that the financials are accurate and complete. Supports internal customers, develops relationships with various company teams, and maintains/updates current financial information. Responsible for balance sheet and income statement analysis, and presentation of monthly financial results to business leaders. Identifies process problems and proposes improvements or course of action.
A Day in the Life:
- Serve as the subject matter expert for certain complex accounting transactions.
- Collaborate with management, department personnel, cross functional teams, and sister entities on general ledger accounting issues.
- Execute monthly close accounting for several general ledger functions, including journal entries, various accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements, leveraging technology to its potential.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal customers, presenting monthly financial results to business unit finance leaders.
- Contribute to audit preparation by providing requested documentation and analysis.
- Pull reports and coordinate with Sales Tax filing vendor the timely and accurate Sales & Use tax in all jurisdictions required
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Perform special projects or provide ad–hoc reporting and analysis.
- Ability to proficiently use advanced Excel skills, must be able to use excel to manage large volumes of data (shortcuts, vlookups, pivot tables, sum–if formulas, macros)
- Document, monitor, improve and define process to be operated by the business to deliver productivity and/or meaningful analysis to meet customer needs
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- CPA a plus
- 5–7 years of relevant accounting work experience
- Strong foundation in general accounting, monthly close, financial reporting, and GAAP concepts
- Thorough understanding of general ledger accounts, and practical application of GAAP
- Desire to work in a fast–paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ledgers
- Experience working within a general ledger system; NetSuite experience a plus
- Experience working with sales tax reporting and software such as Avalara or OneSource
- Experience working and accounting for multiple currencies
- Ability to meet rigorous deadlines and work effectively with others
- Demonstrated ability to gather and communicate data logically, accurately, and concisely
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay strict attention to detail, with a commitment to delivery of quality and accurate work products
- Versatile, dependable, flexible team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and take ownership of assigned tasks or projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills