Title: Senior Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for various general accounting functions relating to the general ledger, finance audit schedules, and overseeing day to day operations of the Finance Department. Requires the ability to complete jobs accurately and efficiently, and adhere to established deadlines. Be able to effectively interact with other departments/programs in a variety of settings and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Be able to work independently or with minimal direction, utilizing good judgment with decision–making skills and possesses positive and professional attitude when dealing with other employees and supervisors.
- Leads the monthly and year–end general ledger closing process, including preparation of schedules, key balance sheet accounts and projected cash flows.
- Prepares monthly and year–end financial statements and submit it to the Controller for review and approval.
- Prepares necessary correcting and/or adjusting journal entries as needed and posts to the general ledger after review by Controller.
- Maintains database and general ledger for all projects in progress.
- Prepares annual budget for the Agency based on contracts for presentation to the Board.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations
- Posts cash receipts and updates cash balance on a daily basis.
- Prepares audit schedules including the annual allocation of expenses by functional category for the audited financial statements, account reconciliations, and other schedules as required by the Auditor.
- Reconciles intercompany and affiliates' account on a monthly basis.
- Processes payroll on a semi–monthly basis and ensure that all payroll benefits, fringes, and insurance premiums are paid on a time.
- Allocates payroll and fringes as per contract budget.
- Assists Program Accountants and Program Directors in budget preparation and other finance reports as needed.
- Provides support in the maintenance and revisions of the Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting Minimum of five years of general accounting work experience including account analysis and reconciliation
- Knowledge and familiarity in the non–profit industry and accounting systems and procedures
- Proficient in Word and Excel; familiarity with Sage Intacct or other type of non–profit accounting software
- Ability to work flexible schedule on occassion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills