The Payroll Accountant will serve as an integral member of our accounting and finance team and will work closely with HR.
- Ensure all payroll accounting entries are completed accurately and timely by analyzing bi–weekly payroll outputs, troubleshooting discrepancies, and uploading the files into the general ledger system. Resolves any problems with data upload;
- Reviews all labor distribution for accuracy, generate payroll reports for grant accountant and generate reclassifications/adjustments as needed;
- Payroll Processing –– Backs up the Payroll Administrator in their absence and assist with processing when required;
- Answers questions regarding payroll checks/deposits, benefit payments, and other payroll related matters;
- Assist in resolving payroll system problems;
- Work on special projects for the Payroll Administrator and Finance Director:
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly payroll accruals and posting to the General Ledger;
- Responsible for reconciliation of payroll–related liability accounts;
- All other duties as assigned.
- REQUIRED: 3+ years' experience in payroll;
- REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field;
- Required: Knowledge of General Ledger Accounting;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent eye for detail;
- Strong computer and technical skills;
- Experience with Paycom helpful; and
- Be able to work independently.