TITLE: Property Accountant
SUPERVISOR: Accounting Manager
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Rogerson Communities currently has a great opportunity available for a Property Accountant. The Property Accountant is responsible for preparing, processing, reviewing and evaluating financial transactions for an assigned portfolio of clients. The Property Accountant is to ensure the accuracy of all financial data by creating a monthly reconciliation package. The Property Accountant will as needed, work with the Controller and Accounting Manager on various corporate accounting monthly tasks.
General Ledger/Financial Reporting
- Prepares monthly accounting package for each property, including all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepares and records each property's journal entries.
- Responsible for recording each property's monthly GL reclassifications reports.
- Reconciles all bank accounts, on a monthly basis and researches and corrects all reconciling items.
- Edits each property's recurring monthly journal entries in accordance with the property's financial plan as needed.
- Reconciles Escrows and Replacement Reserve Accounts monthly.
- Analyzes and records monthly accruals for each property.
- Reconciliation of investment statements.
- Annually works with property management team to develop the budget for the following year.
- Prepares the audit work paper package for each assigned property, consisting of reconciliations and support for the them relative to each account on the balance sheet and income statement.
- Assists in all preliminary fieldwork completed by auditors.
- Enters any audit adjustments into accounting system and rolls forward the equity accounts after audit completion.
- Reviews Accounts Payable weekly and provides approved list of invoices to pay based on cash availability. Once check runs are created reviews all documentation to ensure proper coding and authorized items are paid
- Prepares each property's monthly management fee invoicing, and ensures the property makes payment to the management company.
- Prepares each property's mortgage amortization schedule, makes mortgage payments and reconciles balances to the monthly statements.
- Responsible for obtaining all real estate tax bills for each property and creating schedules that reconcile either prepaid or accrued balances after each months payments.
- Compares the accounts receivable posted by the Property Managers in Yardi or other systems to the Bank activity to ensure that all deposits are posted correctly.
- Reconciles the gross potential rent each month.
- Books property revenue and ties out all A/R balances monthly.
BA/BS in Accounting or related field
Minimum of 4–5 years in accounting is required
Knowledge of MRI, Financial Edge (Blackbaud) or Yardi is a plus
Proficient in Microsoft products, Excel, Word and Power point