My client is a FTSE 100 company who are looking to hire into their group finance function. The role acts as an opportunity to transition into a commercial director in the next 18-24 months.
At the heart, this is a technical accounting role, but offers so much more than dry reading of accounting standards. You will be working closely with senior financial, commercial and operational management across the organisation on ensuring transactions are accounted both commercially and in compliance with the group's accounting policies.
Your role will include advising on accounting for complex contracts (both new and existing), leading and/or supporting finance projects across the group, assisting with ad-hoc finance analysis for senior management, leading the accounting for acquisitions and disposals, and providing accounting input into executing legal entity restructuring across the group.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with each of my client's divisions, including their sales teams, and supporting them in respect of structuring and accounting for large scale contracts (under IFRS 15), and other commercial accounting queries
- Leading the lifetime profitability review of our major contracts in advance of the half year and year end reporting
- Advising on and approving the accounting for all new contracts that go to the Group Contract Review Committee prior to contract signature
- Provide support as required on ad hoc Group Finance projects
- Assisting in the preparation of Audit & Risk Committee papers pertaining to financial reporting
- Supporting the half year and year end external audit process - as a team, we lead the day to day relationship with the external auditors
- Input into relevant disclosure notes to the half year and full year financial statements
- Supporting relationship with Investor Relations and preparation of financial information for external presentations, including Q&A prep for the CFO
- Supporting the financial due diligence process pre-acquisition including being the key contact person for accounting matters
- Monitoring/coordinating the integration process which will include liaising with various group functions such as tax, group systems, group finance, compliance, legal etc together with divisional finance teams
- Leading on accounting for business combinations under IFRS3 (e.g. fair value adjustments)
- Group Finance coordination in respect of business disposals, including impact of TSA, separation, Held for Sale and disposal accounting
- Maintaining the model used for goodwill and other non-current asset impairment testing, and liaising with various stakeholders within the group
You will have outstanding communication and influencing skills, the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders and have demonstrated a track record of adding value in the workplace.
You will be ACA qualified and working within the Audit or Accounting Advisory division of a Top 6 firm, and be keen to take your career to the next level, be challenged, and be part of a progressive forward-thinking organisation.
You will have strong technical accounting experience and over 5 years post qualified experience and have been a Senior Manager for at least two years.
A highly competitive package is on offer