Provide an ambitious entrepreneurial approach to Tax advice. Contribute to a growing tax function and work in line with strategic aims of the firm. Build and grow your client base to reflect the delivery of key targets set and aid in continual profitable growth of the tax function.
A leading accountancy practice based in Swansea undergoing continued positive expansion and growth. The firm and Tax Manager role provides genuine prospects for long term career progression and development, with increasing responsibility, client management, and opportunity to carve a career path, in a highly regarded firm.
The key responsibilities for a Tax Manager joining a leading Accountancy firm based in Swansea are:
- Reporting operationally to the Head of Client Services, with a technical reporting line to a tax partner in respect of project/advisory work.
- Line manage a team of tax specialists covering both corporate and personal compliance.
- Build and create a consistent business development pipeline in line with key targets and the strategic plan, by meeting potential new clients with tax advisory requirements.
- Work closely with key executives on creating more Tax advisory opportunities through existing clients.
- To assist the client relationship mangers/partners in tax technical areas to deliver tax advisory such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm.
- Reviewing technically complicated tax compliance work including corporation tax, personal tax, partnership tax and IHT returns.
- To assist in procedural improvements to the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) and cascade down tax developments to the compliance team.
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work.
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of Client Services Department.
The successful candidate joining as a Tax Manager for a leading Accountancy firm based in Swansea will have/be:
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working within the partnership tax and/or private client tax field.
- Demonstrable experience of developing teams of juniors to complete compliance work efficiently and with support
- Experiences of building a tax compliance function and motivating and working with training teams to identify team members career pathways in a dynamic environment
- Demonstratable experience of building and growing tax a advisory function with profitable returns
- Technical skill set based around consistent CTA training pathways and with quick progression with continual client facing experience
- Highly tax technical, with the ability to research answers to tax technical questions and able to analyse and interpret tax legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to easily present and convey complex issues to wide audiences
- Ambitious and with an entrepreneurial spirit which will capitalise on the firms open style to new work streams and methods
- Trained with and gained considerable experience within the 'Top 4' and/or top tier firms such as BDO, RSM, Grant Thornton, Crowe Horwath, Baker Tilly, Mazars, Saffery's etc
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, roll over relief and gift relief
- A working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of 'non-dom's') - A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues, such as the applicable rates, partial exemption methodology and property transactions
Competitive salary - good commission package
Fantastic office location
Well established, supportive team
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further career