Sr. Business Analyst
The Sr. BA will report into Director of Business Systems and oversee the product lifecycle of business applications, primarily focusing on revenue cycle management (RCM) and billing systems. He or she will lead a team of business analysts that bridge the gap between business requirements and IT tools––applications, reports, etc.
He or she will be responsible for the delivery of solutions to internal stakeholders through the development of key business applications and integration of third–party applications.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Translate business needs into actionable documentation/specifications, including use case scenarios, models and conceptual design diagrams to support iterative development
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements (specify goals, schedule tasks, identify risks, plan contingencies)
- Facilitate dialog between engineers & stakeholders to produce optimal plans balancing user experience, timeline, and integration complexity
- Provide direction and support to project team and varying vendors
- Lead an Iterative and Agile Project to promote rapid delivery of high–impact deliverables
- Work with the team to understand scope of new projects and identify preliminary impacts for estimation
- Communicate clear information to ensure project teams understand project plans and requirements
- Prepare project status, meeting notes, and resource reports; keeps management and others informed of project status
- Develop and maintain project documentation using industry standard project management tools such as Atlassian JIRA, LucidChart, PlantUML, Balsamiq, and others
- Generates innovative ideas to resolve problems
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all defined target goals and milestone dates for the project in order to ensure its overall success
- Liaise between Business Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, Engineering team and Project Management groups
- Participate in QA led test prep and planning activities, as well as defect triage to ensure projects are on track
- Effectively communicate with IT and business stakeholders with varying levels of authority and responsibility
- Research and analyze similar products, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum: BS degree in computer science, business, engineering, management of information systems, or related field
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 7–10 years Business Analysis experience in agile/waterfall software development in Revenue Cycle Management systems.
- 2–3 years IT Product or Project Management Experience
- 2–3 years of experience in Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management
- Ability to understand and create complex usiness flows; Experience producing structured use cases, data–flows, process–flows, and business rules required for a clear picture of the scope.
- Strong planning and estimating skills
- Experience using Agile planning and estimation software such as JIRA, Confluence, as well as more traditional software such as Microsoft Project.
- Strong MS Excel skills, experience in writing formulas and using PowerPivot.
- Familiarity with SQL databases.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Working experience with roadmaps and deployments of production applications, including in–house applications and public facing website
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written) to shape messages to the appropriate level of audience
- Must be able to identify, access and resolve complex business problems/issues/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Significant experience in requirements analysis techniques including structured analysis, context diagrams, data flow diagrams, entity diagrams, prototyping, use cases and functional/technical crosswalk for solutions design and proof of concept is preferred
- Experience working with external vendors and interfacing between internal and external data sources