Upstream Finance Analyst
The R&A Accountant will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of their process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery.
Ensuring business transactions are accounted in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines. This could be through automation of systems or manual interventions.
This position will report to R&A Senior Team Manager in the Finance Operations centre (FO) in Cyberjaya, Malaysia, and will liaise with the respective businesses based across various geographical locations. The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills and be capable of developing highly effective relationships with various stakeholders.
Reporting & Analysis support
- Responsible as BPC/Latest Estimates (LE) Submitter, operating key recurring financial and planning processes in Report One.
- Preparation of reports/analysis for stakeholder reviews and Latest Estimates/Business Plan
- Coordinating the Business planning numbers upload and manage complex Cost allocation process
- Has a deep understanding of the impact of external trends and competition, challenging the Business/Function to think through strategic issues and value opportunities
- Exposure to commercial/business activities.
Central Finance Support
- Operate co-operatively with relevant stakeholders on and off shore to deliver overall success in accounting and reporting services
- Transaction analysis & ad hoc queries to support requests from Onshore, JV Partners & multiple FO stakeholders.
- Assist in improving the level and quality of information that is provided to the business and used internally for review and control
- Ensure all controls complied with and evidenced
- Assisting with the process and all internal/external audit requests including those for JV partners and Production Sharing Contracts
- Responsible for planning own workload to meet stated deadlines and escalating issues as appropriate
- Identify accounting issues and propose solutions / escalate as necessary.
- Identify areas for process improvements within existing scope
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.