Sr. Accountant, General Ledger - Los Angeles
A successful Sr. GL Accountant at Unibail–Rodamco–Westfield is a highly motivated individual looking for career growth. They will have the ability to think outside the box and actively participate in process improvement initiatives. They will also be willing to take on more than their standard day to day work. Challenges and new projects will drive this individual to perform at the top of their game.
General and Daily:
• Analyze and maintain the general ledger to ensure the accuracy of revenue and cost allocation.
• Record all wire transfers associated with assigned business units.
• Assist the centers and Regional Finance teams with daily accounting related questions, center related financial trends, etc.
• Support due diligence for strategic transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, and property secured debt financing
• Secondary support assisting in researching, resolving and responding to all tenant correspondence.
• Attend annual financial review meetings and site tours of assigned centers.
• Gain an thorough understanding of Recoverable Revenues and special accounting issues relevant to REITS (i.e., Straight–line Rent, Good / Bad Income, etc.) and their impact on the financial statements
• Achieve metric targets as applicable.
• Responsible for assisting the Regional Controller on all special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prepare monthly financial statements.
• Prepare monthly journal entries, with supporting documentation and appropriate descriptions.
• Prepare and review all monthly accruals for accuracy and record the applicable journal entries.
• Provide explanations for any Income Statement account(s) with variances in excess of prescribed thresholds versus Budget and last year
• Prepare monthly / quarterly cash distributions to partners
• Act as a subject matter expert to analyze and record activity for certain accounts across the portfolio as assigned
• Analyze all balance sheet accounts and prepare detailed support schedules and monthly account reconciliations.
• Prepare a detailed reconciliation between the GL and all subsidiary ledgers.
• Review real estate tax invoices to ensure prompt payment and verify general ledger account coding and appropriate parcel allocation.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns.
• Participate in / lead monthly discussion of financial statements, balance sheet reconciliation and other accounting topics with the Centers.
• Attend and participate in monthly team meetings and weekly group meetings.
• Prepare monthly/quarterly partnership reporting packages and annual partnership budget packages.
• Prepare a complete financial package to be scanned for archival purposes.
• Prepare a package of all journal entries posted for the month to be scanned for archival purposes.
• Quarterly review, analyze and record, percentage rent revenue accruals and prior quarter true–ups.
• Reconcile and settle intercompany balances quarterly.
• Record income and expense reimbursements with related TRS entities, quarterly or as directed
• Discuss key operational activities and the related impact on the financial statements with executive management during quarterly business reviews.
• Prepare and analyze income statement and balance sheet fluctuation schedules for both semi–annual audits and center stand alone audits.
• 3–5 years accounting experience (Retail or Commercial Real Estate preferred)
• A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting
• Applicable General ledger and financial statement preparation experience preferred
• Proficient in Excel and other office software
• Experience with integrated software packages; JD Edwards experience a plus
• Strong focus on customer service
• Strong analytical, problem solving and general quantitative skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Results oriented and strives for continuous improvement
• Works well independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to multitask and work simultaneously on several projects under strict timelines