Business Analyst - HCM
As a Business Analyst – HCM you will be a cross–functional leader for implementation and daily operation of the KCLS Human Capital Management (HCM) information systems. You will be the principle consultant on all HR–related systems and be responsible for establishing and overseeing a change and governance process in interacting with HR, Payroll, Learning & Development, Strategy, IT, and Operations stakeholders.
You will help maintain the ongoing integrity of the HCM by troubleshooting software and workflow issues quickly and efficiently, acting as the liaison between ITS and department stakeholders to translate errors and implement solutions.
This position will also establish and oversee a change and governance process in collaboration with HR, Payroll, Learning, Strategy, IT, and Operations stakeholders. Provides system assistance and expertise for the processing of employee data, preparing reports, and ongoing system maintenance and upgrades. Ensures that all HR–related systems are regularly updated and will work with internal subject matter experts to ensure the solution is compliant with labor regulations. The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the ITS team and serve as a strategic business partner with key stakeholders across KCLS.
You will serve as an authority on all aspects of HCM services, including workflow development and procedures and will lead and participate in operational initiatives in support of KCLS strategic priorities.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Oversees day–to–day activities of KCLS's HCM information systems.
- Develops and maintains HCM–related data interfaces.
- Supports the organization to configure and implement labor compliance and policy matters related to the HCM.
- Partners with the IT, HR, Payroll, other stakeholder departments, and business users to perform assessments, analyze and troubleshoot complex system issues, and develop improvements to the HCM ecosystem to meet KCLS business requirements.
- Leads the design of user–friendly processes, guidelines, and documentation. Reviews software and vendor documentation to ensure feature functionality requirements are delivered.
- Oversees all system upgrades and system implementations in partnership with the solution stakeholders. Reports on progress and resolutions, and recommends priorities and changes.
- Identifies, analyzes, documents and tracks data integrity, usability and performance.
- Ensures all HCM–related systems and new integrations meet all requirements and specifications and are compliant with data protection laws.
- Organizes change management board and coordinates configuration and implementation changes across the enterprise.
- Cooperatively and constructively contribute to ITS staff meetings and planning sessions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and demonstrated experience in:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school with major in information technology, business administration, human resources or related field preferred. Equivalent of full–time work experience in information systems, HRIS analysis, or payroll systems may substitute education on a year for year basis.
- Three years of dedicated HRIS Analyst, or related IT experience.
- In–depth knowledge of and hands–on experience with HCM Software–as–a–service solution administration. Experience with Ceridian and JD Edwards software, preferred.
- Experience collaborating with HCM stakeholders to implement and configure to labor laws and regulations.
- Experience in the business of libraries, a plus.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the classification.
- Washington State Driver's License.