Project Accountant #290 @ INGO
Project Accountant #290
c. €40,000 - €45,000
1 Year Contract
Our partner is a well-respected advocacy INGO. They are seeking a Project Accountant for a fixed-term contract to provide financial management support to project managers.
- Prepare project budgets, monitor expenditure and cashflows, including variance analyses and supporting narrative and explanations.
- Grant management, compliance and reporting – preparing financial reports to donors, ensuring that these meet their requirements.
- Support in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Ensure the integrity and operational effectiveness of project accounting procedures.
- Finance business partner to project teams and partners, helping them understand variances in their budgets and expenditures.
- Identifying material issues and proposing solutions and implementing recommendations in a timely manner.
- Accountant, qualified or QBE, with at least 5 years of experience in accounting, an understanding of accounting & finance principles and management accounting & reporting.
- Experience of project accounting, grant compliance & management is desirable; an understanding of the grant compliance & reporting requirements of the EU and German government grants is desirable.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate financial matters to non-finance staff.
- Quick learner and flexible, able to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English, with excellent spoken and reporting writing skills. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for an accountant looking to get good grounding in project accounting & grant management within a large, complex INGO.
This role is open to candidates with the right to work in the EU. For those candidates outside of Germany, some relocation costs will be covered.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.