Associate/Senior Associate - Transaction Diligence, Transaction Advisory Services, Singapore
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Diligence, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
You will be working in teams with experienced due diligence professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to perform due diligence in a range of situations and sectors. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team.
As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, begin to build relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities:
- Help clients achieve their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets.
- Advise clients during the due diligence process to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance and
- Work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated service to our clients.
- Likely to also work on a number of cross border assignments working with other EY offices around the world.
Skills and attributes for success
- Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree with at least two to three years of relevant work experience
- Candidates with lesser experience may be considered for Associate level
- Entrepreneurial mind set and business acumen
- Passion for helping clients achieve their potential
- Able to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions.
- Familiar with fundamental concepts of accounting including IFRS
- Good presentation skills and prior audit experience would be advantageous
- Possess data analysis & critical thinking skills with a flair in MS Excel applications
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.