The ideal candidate will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties including but not limited to posting journal entries, preparing reconciliations, and financial and sales reporting.
- Assist with the month–end close process including but not limited to preparation of journal entries and do so within the five–day close timeline.
- Complete account reconciliations including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash, Prepaids, Payroll, Freight and Equity.
- Complete post–close reconciliation for all trial balance accounts worked during the monthly close process and make any necessary adjusting journal entries.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Subledger including addition of assets and depreciation calculations.
- Ensure all customer and supplier rebates are properly accrued for each fiscal period and that month–end accruals are accurate based on current data and expectations.
- Complete monthly expense variance analysis, comparing actual results to plan and identifying drivers of variances.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales reports in Excel and generate PowerPoint versions with appropriate summary commentary.
- Perform general accounting responsibilities / tasks and various analysis and administrative / clerical tasks as requested.
- Support annual audit process, providing documentation and support at direction of Corporate Controller.
- Assist in other accounting / finance projects as directed by the Corporate Controller.
- Bachelor's degree with a business emphasis (accounting, finance, statistics or business analytics)
- One (1) to three (3) years' experience in progressively responsible positions in accounting or related areas.
- Intermediate Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, Sum–Ifs, and Lookups required.
- Experience with Power Pivot or Power BI preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry a plus.