Credit Risk Associate, Hong Kong
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Risk Management, Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) is a divisional Risk group providing IB&M with specialist Risk services and advice. IB&M Risk forms part of the Bank’s broader Risk model, which includes a corporate Risk policy and strategy group and a number of divisional Risk Management groups. IB&M Risk sets and refines policy/guidelines for the IB&M business segment, contributes to the risk management culture across IB&M, provides structuring advice and recommends/decisions credit.
As an Credit Risk Associate you report into the Head of Credit Asia and will be responsible for the credit risk management of a portfolio of clients within IB&M. Ensure authorised frameworks and systems are effectively used in the management of risk/credit decisions so as to achieve an optimum outcome for the Group. Contribute to business by consistently providing a high level of customer service.
- Undertaking reporting tasks for regional/branch requirements, exposure monitoring, breach reporting and other ad hoc tasks supporting local and regional credit executives.
- Analyse, prepare, review and recommend credit on proposals originating from IB&M. Apply the Banks Three Lines of Accountability model.
- Understand the impact of industry issues and change in internal/external credit environments on the credit quality of clients in the IB&M portfolio.
- Understand and apply the Bank’s policies.
- Contribute to business development through participation in internal/external client meetings and identifying cross sell opportunities.
- Understand the importance of and be aware of operational and compliance risks.
To be successful:
- Two years of experience as a credit analyst in a financial institution or a research firm.
- Ability to read and write fluent English
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to read and write fluent Cantonese
- Ability to read and write fluent Mandarin
- Post graduate degree in a finance related discipline.
In return you will get the opportunity of working for Australia’s leading bank that can offer genuine work/life balance, a great office culture and stable team. What are you waiting for, apply today to be considered!
Applications close: 29 Oct 2019 China Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.