AmTrust Financial Services (AFS) Corporate Accounting team is currently recruiting for an Accountant II in Jersey City, New Jersey.? The AFS Accountant II is responsible for the accounting of an AFS subsidiary, including but not limited to: detailed maintenance of accounting records and related controls, intercompany journals and reconciliation, accruals, account analysis and reconciliations, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (?GAAP?).
- Perform routine activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, financial package preparation, and other month and quarter–end close activities
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording and reconciliation of all intercompany activity by researching and resolving differences with other entities
- Perform quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations and investigate unusual items
- Maintain accurate and detailed quarterly accrual schedules
- Provide support to the corporate team, as necessary
- Be a key member of the accounting team by assisting with other responsibilities, including participation in special projects, such as system implementation, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
- Support other entities and/or functions by assisting with the close of other subsidiaries within the same segment
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 2+ years of experience (with public accounting experience preferred).
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP and internal controls
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application and Excel
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Software (Oracle) and Hyperion (HFM) a plus
- Ability to multi–task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, identify problems and propose viable solutions
- Must be flexible and have demonstrated skills to work effectively in a team–oriented environment.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, plus an orientation toward continuous improvement are required
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills