Pensions Officer (PT)
The client are a public sector organisation who are seeking candidates with experience in Pensions to join them on a 1 year FTC on a part-time basis, approximately 20 hours per week.
The client are a public sector organisation in the Education space who are seeking suitable candidates from a Pensions background for a 1 year FTC for a part-time role working 20 hours per week.
- To develop and maintain comprehensive pension procedures and internal controls for the operational management of the pension schemes.
- To be the first point of contact in the Payroll team for any pension related queries.
- To be responsible for submitting the annual LGPS pension return.
- notifying the pension schemes of starters, changes and leavers with the relevant information.
- Investigate anomalies to pensionable pay when payroll is run and calculate adjustments needed to correct the cumulative figures.
- Take responsibility for the accurate and prompt processing of all forms regarding opting out of the LGPS and refund claims.
- Responsibility for auto-enrolment.
- To carry out other tasks when pension duties are complete and cover roles within the Payroll team as required.
The successful candidate will have experience in a Pensions/Payroll related position, be able to commute to the clients offices inColchester for this part-time role 3 days a week and be able to start by the end of the month.
On offer to the successful candidate will be an immediate starting position and competitive salary as well as a 1 year fixed-term contract.