Senior Accountant, Business Services
Senior Accountant - Business Services
- Growing Accounting firm with a unique culture and family orientated environment
- Be part of an energetic team that looks after a client portfolio of 450 clients
- Candidates with experience in business services environment please apply within
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who is able to deliver quality accounting and tax services to a portfolio of over 450 clients. Based in Mascot, this growing firm services small to medium sized enterprises, professionals and high net worth individuals and is renowned for their excellent customer service and family orientated working culture whilst offering exciting career opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of the business, Key responsibilities will include but not be limited too;
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise whilst providing client advice e.g. Accounting, Income Tax, GST, FBT, and director/shareholder and small audit engagements.
- Preparation of financial statements and income tax returns for companies, partnerships, trusts and self-managed superannuation funds whilst preparing work papers to accompany the financial statements and tax returns
- Management of annual/periodic statutory return obligations including FBT, PAYG, Payroll Tax, Worker's Compensation and ASIC requirements
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations whilst also being able to Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Contribute to strategies on tax planning for clients with the assistance from Management
- Meet internal and external deadlines in line with our lodgement program
- Liaising with the ATO in regard of all client matters & Manage and coordinate tax audits
The successful candidate will have the following;
- 3- 5 years' experience as a Senior Accountant within a business services environment / Chartered Accounting firm
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulation
- Strong technical skills, particularly Australian Taxation law including small business CGT concessions, Division 7A, UPE's, FBT, GST, closely held trusts, business restructuring, international tax issues and deceased estates.
- Ability to prioritise, multitask and meet agreed deadlines and budgets
- Strong attention to detail with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A can do attitude with a natural ability to work well within a team environment or independently by yourself
- Experience desired using Accountants Office software, MYOB Essentials, Accountright, Xero, Quickbooks including bank feed technology
Salary - $80,000 - $90,000 Including super.
Please apply online or direct to email@example.com