Analyst, Customer Remediation & Incidents
Do work that matters
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
The Home Buying team has end-to-end responsibility for the Commonwealth Bank’s home loans business. We support the proprietary and third party sales and service teams to meet our customers’ needs for home finance and advice. Our vision is to build the best end-to-end home buying experience, while building and maintaining the best distribution assets and delivering profitable growth.
The Home Buying Risk & Control team supports this vision by applying world-class risk management practices to achieve the team’s objective: To build world-class risk management capabilities in Home Buying, striving to deliver the right outcome through every process, for every customer, every time.
See yourself in our team
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Remediation & Incidents, this role is part of the Customer Remediation team within Risk Delivery which is responsible for remediating customers adversely impacted by the Bank, putting them back into the same position as if the problem has not occurred
As an Analyst, Customer Remediation & Incidents you will be part of a critical team that is responsible for executing and resolving financial and non-financial remediation activities, as well as appropriately managing and closing associated incidents within the Home Buying business. Your role will have the opportunity to be involved in the design and delivery of business requirements to identify impacted populations and build preventive and detective controls to mitigate future customer impact.
This role plays a key part in delivering on our promises to our customers and doing what’s right by them. You will deliver these outcomes by forming strong and enduring relationships with your immediate team, the broader Home Buying business and across RBS
Key responsibilities will include:
As an Analyst – Customer Remediation & Incidents, your core responsibility will be to work with your team, stakeholders and business partners to successfully execute of financial and non-financial remediation to Home Buying customers. This will include activities such as:
- Document business requirements and build detective controls that will allow identification of impacted populations for remediation and mitigate ongoing customer impact.
- Working closely with data analysts to ensure alignment on deliverables and execution in line with requirements and project timelines.
- Analysis and interpretation of exception report data including volume and trend analysis
- Evaluate effectiveness of proposed solutions, processes and methodologies, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Manage governance over remediation decisions, rationale and project monitoring
- Status reporting activities to monitor activities, meeting objectives and deadlines
We’re undergoing a rapid transformation, and Risk Management is centre stage. You’ll be part of a movement where you’ll play an integral role in our ongoing commitment to do the right thing by our customers.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Strong commercial acumen and numeracy skills, balanced by a desire to achieve optimal customer outcomes
- Ability to build business requirements and design and implement new processes
- Project delivery experience or business analyst experience is advantageous
- Proven ability to build and leverage strong stakeholder relationships
- Problem-solving and analytical mindset, with a strong attention to detail
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Business, Finance, Risk Management or similar
- We need big thinkers who look for opportunity within the framework of regulation and are ready to play an integral role in our transformation.
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 20 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.