Head of Compliance Policy
Do work that matters:
We’re undergoing a rapid transformation, and Risk Management is centre stage. You’ll be part of a movement where you’ll play an integral role in our ongoing commitment to do the right thing by our customers.
We are recruiting a Head of Compliance Policy to drive the future of our business, working on highly visible projects that make an impact, and helping make sure we make the right decisions along the way.
You’ll do meaningful work that protects the bank, our customers and the communities we serve.
See yourself in our team:
Reporting to the General Manager, Compliance Risk Management your role will develop and lead the team who maintains the suite of Group policies to assist in managing compliance risk across the Group. These policies include:
- Managing our employees’ conflicts of interest
- Ensuring our customers privacy is maintained
- Developing and distributing products that meet our customers’ needs
- Ensuring our staff are aware, and act within their delegated authority
- Ensuring our customers know how to raise complaints and have a positive experience doing so, and we learn from the complaints we receive
No day is ever the same in a Risk role at CommBank. You’ll be challenged with new problems and new solutions in a role that allows access to all aspects of our business and a variety of project types. We work in an outcomes driven environment, where the emphasis is on your results and achievements. Our team positively contributes to our business’ success. You’ll be empowered to speak up and make the best decisions to ensure better risk outcomes.
On any given day you will
You will provide leadership to your team (Group Compliance Policy team) to drive the ongoing management of policies and related initiatives, including:
- Revision of existing policies or development of new policies to reflect changes in compliance obligations and/or business strategy, including recommended controls
- Working with business units and the broader Group Compliance team to support the effective implementation of policies across the Group
- Creating and managing a workflow for policy review
- Managing timeframes and stakeholders within the review process
- Understanding policy impact on business processes and supporting the management of change
- Working to enhance policy simplification across the Group
- Understanding the impact of applying Group policies in an international environment
From here you’ll go:
You’ll have a highly valued and visible role. With exposure to complex projects and a variety of stakeholders across the business. From here, the opportunities are endless.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
We’re looking for talented risk professionals who want to be challenged to do their best work in a supportive team environment. We need big thinkers who look for opportunity within the framework of regulation and are ready to play an integral role in our transformation. You’ll be a doer, an advisor, and a thought leader. Your past experience and learnings will help ensure we always make the right call. We would love to hear from you if you have the following demonstrated experience:
- Policy experience preferably in a financial services environment
- Strong relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Understanding of compliance and operational risk management principles, frameworks and generally accepted industry practices
- Analytical skills in understanding how policy impacts business processes
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts accurately and concisely
- Emotional resilience and an ability to receive feedback and constructive criticism in a non-defensive manner
Your individuality is welcomed and openly encouraged in our workplace. These unique insights and different perspectives enable us to provide excellent customer service to an equally diverse customer base. With such a diverse workforce, we understand the importance of creating and maintaining an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe and comfortable to be themselves at work. We believe in giving people a go and supporting those who want to drive their careers forward.
Applications close: 14 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.