Fund Accountant - 6 month contract
Do work that matters:
The purpose of the role is to support the Investment Operations team, who are responsible for:
- Ensuring the accuracy of daily processing of cash flows and investing.
- Ensuring the accuracy of daily processing and analysing of unit pricing.
- Ensuring the accuracy of processing all Corporate Action activities.
- Reconciling asset value, general ledger, cash and unit positions accurately
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are reviewed and documented in a timely manner.
See yourself in our team:
The Investments Team within S&I manage the investment portfolio of the CommInsure business. It comprises the Investment Strategy, Asset & Liability Management and Investment Operations Teams. Investment Operations is responsible for investing daily investment cash flows, maintaining the records of CommInsures investment assets and striking the best estimate of the unit prices for the CommInsure Retail products on a daily basis, against a given benchmark, within an agreed tolerance. The team work to validate the integrity of data utilised for the purposes of Unit Pricing, are responsible for the Unit Pricing reconciliation process and ensure the release of Daily Unit Pricing for CommInsure within a Full Control Framework.
We do this through these key activities:
You will be expected to perform the following tasks in a manner consistent with CBA’s Values of Honesty, Integrity and Trust and CBA’s Behaviours of Performance-Driven, Accountable, Customer-Focussed and Teamwork.
- Ensure all unit prices are accurate and delivered on a timely basis, as evidenced by appropriate review and sign-off.
- Perform independent (peer-to-peer) review of key unit pricing activities to ensure quality outputs are delivered (as evidenced by the review and sign-off process).
- Ensure all the reconciliations are completed on time and with 100% accuracy.
- Clear all reconciling items within 7 Business Days. Provide support to Tax and DQ reporting for all the reconciliations.
- Check and sign all work.
- Comply with the unit pricing control framework and segregation of duty requirements.
- Develop Management information reporting to measure the success of all tasks completed within the team.
- Develop Service Level Agreements with internal Service Providers.
- Review of existing procedures, to identify gaps or potential efficiency gains and implement or make recommendations to said gaps or gains.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Familiarity with the flow of funds in the funds management industry
- 3+ years experience in investment accounting
- Capacity to learn and apply finance and accounting concepts to reconciliation.
- HiPortfolio skills
- Past exposure to back-office investment operations
- Business analysis and problem solving skills
- Tertiary qualification in finance or accounting.
- SIA qualification
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 17 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.