Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs Asia, Hong Kong
Risk Management is responsible for developing the risk frameworks to allow the Group to take conscious exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks within a Board-approved appetite. Risk Management ensures the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks for Hong Kong Branch.
The Compliance team drives better compliance across the Group. We:
- Anticipate regulatory change and manage regulatory relationships
- Design how the Group complies
- Enable the Group to comply through advice, approvals, training and tools and
- Independently monitor and report
As Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, Asia you will support sustainable business growth across IB&M through optimal risk/reward decisions and assurance on key controls.
You will work closely with the Business (including Line 1 Risk Management), other Risk functions (Compliance, Market Risk, Credit) and other functions which support the business (Operations and Finance and IT in particular).
Your principal ongoing responsibilities will involve establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to manage compliance risk for Institutional Banking and Markets banking activities of the Bank in Asia across China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
- Responsible for holistic Compliance support of branch activities in those regions.
- Manage local Compliance teams in Asia adhering to talent management to carry out the compliance function in Asia in an effective and efficient manner
- Oversee the local Compliance teams in Asia in maintaining the Compliance Risk Management Framework, including establishing country compliance procedures to identify and assess key compliance risks with relevant obligations.
- Assist Line 1 and business teams develop compliance controls to mitigate the risks arising from non-compliance with obligations
- Direct the development and maintenance of Compliance programs and practices in line with Group Compliance and BROP initiatives with the Compliance teams across Asia to comply with appropriate local regulatory requirements.
To be successful:
- Strong interest in Global Markets & Treasury operations. An understanding of Fixed income, Currency & Commodities (FICC) products.
- Strong team work focus with excellence in driving results and delivering customer satisfaction
- Experience in successfully communicating with and influencing your peers and management
- Strong written and oral communication skills (e.g. report writing)
- Business analysis skills (e.g. process mapping), problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Law or above with professional qualification preferred
- 10+ years of experience in compliance or other control-related function in the financial services firms
- Strong experience of managing a team of people across regions
- Solid regulatory experience across institutional banking and global markets
- Significant knowledge and expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and appropriate controls across Asia especially in China, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Experience with and exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
- Good command in written and spoken English and Chinese preferred
In return you will get the opportunity of working for Australia’s leading bank that can offer genuine work/life balance, a great office culture and stable team. What are you waiting for, apply today to be considered!
Applications close: 13 Oct 2019 China Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.