Assistant Manager Finance, Singapore
At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people’s financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors. IB&M provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers. Financial Services (FS) is responsible for financial management frameworks of the Commonwealth Bank incorporating the areas of finance, audit, group treasury, security, property, procurements and investor relations
You will be part of the Finance Singapore team which is responsible for providing timely and accurate statutory, taxation, regulatory and management reporting for the CBA Singapore branch to a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for the preparation of financials, regulatory returns and management reports (including general ledger reconciliations, expense analysis), budgets, income tax and adhoc tasks. You will be participating in projects to ensure that the CBA Singapore branch is compliant with changes in accounting standards and regulations.
- Daily review of accounting records for accuracy and timely Nostro reconciliation follow up
- Prepare/review daily and periodic regulatory reports
- Prepare/review journals for month-end closing, process invoices and perform reconciliations in accordance with Group requirements
- Prepare/review financial schedules, analysis and head office reports
- Prepare annual corporate income tax computation, quarterly GST returns and withholding tax filings
- Ensure policies and procedures documents are kept up to date
Who you are:
- Good communication skills
- Time management
- Meticulous and organised
- Solid knowledge and experience in financial accounting and MAS reporting
- Exposure to local taxation / good knowledge of the revised MAS610 requirements will be an advantage
- Strong excel and database skills
- Experience in Midas and Peoplesoft GL will be an advantage
- At least 5-7 years post qualifications
In return you will get the opportunity of working for Australia’s leading bank that can offer genuine work/life balance, a great office culture and stable team. What are you waiting for, apply today to be considered!
Applications close: 22 Oct 2019 Singapore Standard Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.