We are growing and forward-thinking firm of Chartered Certified Accountants. we are looking to recruit an accountant to work in our Birmingham office.
The right candidate should be AAT/ACCA qualified or part qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 years practice experience in the UK. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated,dedicated and hard working with ability to prepare accounts for limited companies and unincorporated businesses. To be successful in this role, the candidate will be expected to have some experience of both corporate and personal tax computations along with possessing commercial awareness and understanding of business practices in the UK. The perfect candidate is also expected to have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and few of the accounting packages such as VT, Sage, Xero and QuickBooks.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Review of accounting records including bank reconciliations, updating purchase and sales ledgers and other necessary work in the process of completing the Trial Balance.
- Preparation of VAT Returns.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for client's businesses.
- Preparation of Management accounts and Cashflow Forecasts.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and Company Tax Return filing.
- Preparation of personal and partnership tax returns.
- Training junior staff members.
- Assisting other team members and management in various projects as and when required.