Senior Compliance Officer (Home-based)
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently recruiting for a Senior Compliance Officer on a full time, permanent basis to join ACCA's Compliance Team. This is a home-based role but due to the geographical remit of the post, we’re looking for applicants located in the Midlands.
The Compliance Team is a small team of qualified accountants with a background in public practice and audit work. It’s part of the Monitoring Department which is responsible, through the examination of relevant documentation, for ensuring that ACCA members and firms adhere to appropriate standards of conduct and comply with relevant rules, regulations and standards.
As a Senior Compliance Officer you’ll undertake monitoring of individuals and firms registered by ACCA in the UK and Ireland to conduct audit work. This will involve you carrying out monitoring visits to the firms' premises in accordance with prescribed procedures, producing written reports on those visits and assessing the consequent remedial action plans.
You’ll have autonomy over organising your own work schedule from a predetermined allocation of monitoring visits in order to meet departmental targets. You’ll be required to do a significant amount of travel in the UK and Ireland so a current EU driving licence is needed.
Full training will be provided on monitoring procedures and the requirements of ACCA's rules and regulations.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or equivalent)
- Has in-depth technical knowledge of International Standards on Auditing, Ethical Standards and ability to understand the relevant sections of ACCA's Rulebook
- Has demonstrable post-qualification external audit experience at manager level or equivalent in an audit practice environment, including auditing a broad spectrum of organisations
- Has extensive practical experience of applying relevant accounting and auditing standards
- Appreciates the importance of appropriate management controls and corresponding "best practice" in the accountancy profession
- Has the ability to communicate confidently, effectively and appropriately with experienced, qualified audit practitioners, both orally and in writing
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension and life assurance
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, cycle to work scheme and much, much more
- Flexible working and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application and include a covering letter detailing what attracts you to this role and how you meet the roles requirements