The Staff Accountant I is responsible for performing general ledger account analysis and bank reconciliations, preparing journal entries and monthly financial statements, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed asset system, assisting with annual budgeting, preparing statistical and financial reports for creditors and agencies, collecting and tracking tenant rent payments and for providing weekly and monthly reports on rent collection status, and assisting the Associate Executive Director of Finance in preparation of monthly reports.
Salary & Benefits:
Full Time (37.50 hours) – Exempt.
Salary range low to midfifties depending on experience. Benefits include Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Delta Dental insurance, MetLife life insurance, NYCON Flexible Spending Account, Mass Mutual Retirement with an employer match, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off) to encourage selfcare.
Associate Executive Director of Finance & Human Resources
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum two or more years' experience in accounting or related business area with preference to candidates with nonprofit agency experience.
- Proven track record of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify/solve problems and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient in spreadsheet software (Excel), Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks; work efficiently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fund EZ Accounting Software knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problemsolving skills.
- Utilizes Fund EZ accounting system, Excel, Outlook, and other software.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Collects rent payments and tracks status of tenant rent balances due in coordination with housing staff.
- Reconciles the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enters the cash journals into the General Ledger.
- Assists with the preparation of agency and grant budgets relating to Federal and State programs.
- Updates and maintains accurate monthly allocations applied to various grants.
- Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy.
- Assist with the monthend closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements.
- Assists with development and implementation of accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Maintains fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes.
- Protects organization's value by keeping all information confidential.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The Albany Damien Center's mission is to enhance the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS in an affirming environment and to reduce new infections in the communities we serve.
Our vision is a community where people with HIV/AIDS achieve their desired potential and are respected as coworkers, neighbors, and friends, while striving for an HIV free generation.
The Albany Damien Center is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates, women, persons from our LGBTQ community, persons living with HIV/AIDS, and persons formerly homeless.
To Apply: Please send cover letter. resume and list of three professional references by email to
Applications will be accepted via email and are encouraged to have all attachments. Continuous recruitment until position filled.