Performance Improvement Insurance IT Manager/ Senior Manager (Financial Services), Advisory
We are the only professional services Organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Financial Services Performance Improvement practice provides a broad range of integrated advisory services in the banking and capital markets, insurance, private wealth and asset management sectors. We assist clients in defining their functional strategies and operating models.
We consult with clients across Asia-Pacific to ensure they anticipate and respond to rapidly changing consumer needs, transform efficiency and effectiveness for sustainable competitive advantage, effectively respond to regulatory changes, and enhance people capability and culture.
The Performance Improvement team is known for its capability in the following areas:
- Productivity improvement: Improving operations through workforce planning, KPI alignment and process improvement through reengineering and automation.
- Operational transformation: Helping our clients drive their front office strategies into their middle and back office operations to ensure a seamless end to end client experience
- Simplification: Reducing business model complexity to increase efficiency and agility, delivering benefits for customers, employees and shareholders
- Cost optimisation: Reducing cost through organisational change, offshoring, outsourcing, and shared service creation/evolution.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for Performance Improvement Insurance IT Manager/ Senior Manager (Finance Technology), Financial Services Advisory to join our team with experience in the financial services industry.
The key service offerings cover finance function transformation, customer and distribution effectiveness, operations, shared services / outsourcing support, performance management, program advisory, enterprise intelligence, risk management and regulatory change.
Your key responsibilities
As markets rapidly change and develop, finance functions must demonstrate real added value to their business. The insurance Finance domain is rapidly evolving, due to regulatory and accounting changes, with a clear expectation that the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Technology Officer becoming a true partner of the business.
As an IT advisor, you’ll use your experience and knowledge to help deliver greater insight and utilise technology to deliver functional efficiencies as well as transforming the role of finance in our clients’ businesses. You’ll be developing innovative, sustainable ways to improve the management of people, processes and systems, working alongside other IT and Finance professionals in high-performing teams.
We are looking for people with the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 10 years of related work experience; preferably with 3 years in a business consulting role in a leading consultancy firm. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered at Manager Level.
- Deep Industry knowledge and understanding of Insurance businesses and technologies (e.g., business models, channels, typical structure, industry terms and issues)
- Experience in designing and delivering SAP FICO and/or SAP S/4 Hana within an insurance reinsurance industry
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and accounting changes (e.g. IFRS 17) impacting the insurance and reinsurance industry
- Experience in identifying and mitigating project risks and issues
- Strong experience in project / program delivery lifecycle (e.g., requirements, analysis, design, build, test, deploy)
- Able to effectively engage with business and IT teams
- Able to work effectively with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
Specifically, the candidate should have experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- IT architect with technical design experience in SAP Finance package
- Ability to translate business needs into technology requirements.
- Strong experience on the technology stack required to deliver a Finance technology change, with proven experience in successfully delivering SAP Finance package i.e. SAP FICO and/or SAP S/4 HANA.
- Strong experience in designing and delivering Finance reporting platforms
- Strong experience in logical, conceptual and physical IT architecture design applied to user interface, application, data and/or infrastructure layers
- Experience in the deployment of innovative technologies (e.g., digital CRM, mobile payment etc) is a plus
- Knowledge in software customization and business application development (e.g., Java; C#; PL/SQL)
- Business analyst and consulting skillsets with experience in project/program delivery in SAP Finance package
- Demonstrate experience in bringing together business and IT knowledge to deliver on business outcomes.
- Experience in process analysis and design
- Experience in project management and methods (e.g., steering committee communications; risk and issues register; status reporting; financials, resource and schedule tracking)
- Experience in presales and sales activities, generating business through a network of contacts
- Testing specialist in SAP Finance package
- Demonstrate strong experience in leading testing teams, particularly User Acceptance Testing in project / program delivery
- Experience in developing testing strategies, test planning, test script design, test execution, and business engagement
- Experience in business readiness support (e.g., deployment, cut-over planning, user training)
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.