Senior Business Analyst - Supply Chain
Midwest Veterinary Supply is seeking a Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain for our Lakeville, MN corporate office.
The Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain is responsible for assisting in the planning and managing of distribution projects and continuous improvement efforts to achieve established sales and profit goals. This role assists in creating plans to develop and integrate the capabilities of the organization while ensuring standardization and communication of best practices that are in line with the current distribution goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages projects and establishes goals and guidelines intended to optimize warehouse methods and procedures, facility design, distribution efficiencies and accuracies.
- Develops and plans recommendations for the incorporation of new technologies, innovations and design processes to improve efficiency.
- Manages distribution network system process improvement functions to include continuous improvement and expense reduction efforts.
- Works with Director of Logistics to monitor approved goals for compliance, takes appropriate corrective action when needed and communicates recommendations for changes or updates when necessary.
- Assists with directing, planning, and managing distribution projects to ensure that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time frames and budget constraints.
- Uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, improve and/or control Distribution Operations and processes. Facilitates creation of dashboards as needed or where known gaps exist.
- Assists in developing and executing annual distribution budgets.
- Maintains working knowledge of current trends, methods and new developments in the distribution industry by attending available classes or seminars. Ensures all legal requirements are in compliance and the most efficient and economical methodology is utilized.
- Ensures compliance with key company standards for safety and management practices.
- Drives the development and attainment of short and long term goals and objectives. Reviews and analyzes activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Assists Director of Logistics in developing expense and capital budgets, controls and measurements to monitor progress and cost for all projects and programs.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Engineering or system degree preferred
- At least 3 years of advanced technical training and education
- At least 6 years of related engineering, warehouse management systems, or direct distribution experience
- Prior experience effectively working across organizations from all functions
- Experience with a Manhattan Associates Warehouse Management System is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, employment policies, operating instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare strong business cases and to support and defend ideas and positions
- Proven change management skills and reputation for building and leading high–performing, cross–functional teams that achieve their goals; track record in attracting, developing, and retaining talent
- Proven ability to champion new initiatives with an ability to successfully work across different groups, and to execute by bridging functional and divisional silos
- Strong people skills with the ability to relate to other departments' needs and concerns while still being able to accomplish the Company's goals
- Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures as they relate to the Operations department
- Thorough knowledge of applicable distribution methods and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage the on–schedule receiving, stocking, picking, and shipping of Company products
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to administer policies and employee relations programs which emphasize both the Company and the employees
- Strong leadership and sound decision making abilities
Mental & Physical Demands:
- Attention to detail critical to ensure accuracy and completion of objectives
- Regular interaction with people, team–player
- Fast pace of work, requires multi–tasking, etc.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and talk or hear
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to Travel as required
Job duties and requirements for Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Regularly uses typical office equipment including computer keyboard, terminal and telephone, fax, and copier.
Work will typically be performed in an office environment Monday through Friday.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package for Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain including Medical and Dental insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short– and Long–Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Our work environment is business casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress days, monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular events like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation celebrations.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our products are distributed from eight branches located in key geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view applicable employment notices, please visit our Careers page at