Senior Technical Business Analyst (Software Engineering)
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting–edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast–forward your career at Comcast.
The Sr. Technical Business Analyst (Software Engineering) is responsible for creating technical specifications designed to deliver an amazing Xfinity Mobile product and a groundbreaking customer experience.
As a subject matter expert in: Xfinity Mobile functionality, systems integration; application programming interface (API) design, webservices & technologies; Agile principles & scrum ceremonies; Jira & Confluence tools, as well as knowledge of systems architecture, you play an essential role and have responsibilities in the planning, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, and post production support of Xfinity Mobile product and services.
Collaborate with architects, technical development leads, solution design leads, UX design leads, and product owners to define and document system specification artifacts that include,
– User stories & traceability to requirements
– API interactions documentation with user interface & System APIs
– Use Cases
– Data Mapping Definitions
– Sequence Diagrams
– Call Flows
Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
– Document APIs, which are a set of subroutine definitions, communication protocols, and tools for building software that allows two software programs to communicate with each other.
– Collaborate with Solution Design team to write Swagger specifications for REST APIs in YAML (YAML Ain't Markup Language), which is a contract between systems describing every detail of the API: endpoints and operations for each endpoint, operation parameters input and output for each operation, error codes & descriptions authentication methods, etc.
– Analyze third party XML (eXtensible Markup Language) API specifications using SOAP UI tool (Simple Object Access Protocol).
– Create Back End user stories in Jira (or appropriate tool in use) that include: API Payloads including request and response body, Error codes & messages, Implementation details, Acceptance Criteria, Sequence diagrams, End points, Requirements check list.
– Create Front End user stories in Jira (or appropriate tool in use) that include: User Interface (UI) Design, Product Requirements, Business Rules, API interactions with UI design, API system integration descriptions, Handling Error codes, Acceptance Criteria, End points, Requirements check list.
– Groom Front End and Back End user stories in Jira (or appropriate tool in use), resulting in detail so clear that engineers can develop with ease.
– As required, capture the test data requirements to support unit and in sprint quality assurance testing, and create test data Jira tickets.
– Provide overview of new features to the test data team, providing them with the knowledge to create test data accounts.
– Provide end–to–end test plan, identifying functionality that is available for testing based on development sprint schedule.
– Review and assess test cases to ensure all positive, negative, functional and non–functional scenarios are covered. Perform assessment in partnership with Quality Assurance Leads.
– Triage system issues by analyzing data from logging tools, such as Kibana and Splunk.
– Display expertise in knowledge of Xfinity Mobile functionality, systems architecture and systems integration. Apply this functional and technical expertise as an active participant in scrum ceremonies: sprint planning, daily stand–ups, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives, scrum of scrums.
– Train and mentor junior Technical Business Analysts on best practices, such as API standards, user story grooming, etc.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
– Generally requires 7–11 years related experience
– Minimum 5 years of experience in systems analysis.
– Minimum 3 years of experience in systems integration in API–driven platforms.
– Minimum 3 years of experience creating system specification artifacts: User stories & traceability to requirements, API interactions with user interface & System APIs, Use Cases, Data Mapping Definitions, Sequence Diagrams, Call Flows.
– Minimum 1 year of working in an Agile software development environment, and as an active participant in scrum ceremonies.
– Strong facilitation, negotiation and communication skills required to collaborate with multiple teams (product, UX design, architecture, solution design, engineering, quality assurance, release management, production support) to align on decisions and technical specifications.
– Strong technical leader, passionate about ensuring that the technical specifications and tested solution deliver the intended product and stakeholder requirements. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
– Excel working in a fast–paced environment, effectively working on concurrent projects and competing priorities under time constraints.
– Adaptable, embraces change.
Employees at all levels are expect to
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
– Own the customer experience–think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
– Know your stuff–be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game–changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
– Win as a team–make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System–a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company–by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
– Drive results and growth.
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
– Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Bachelors' Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer