IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
Who we are looking for:
The technical team is an independent team of experts within IQEQ providing technical and regulatory assistance / advice to global client services teams, sales and implementation teams, and global clients.
The core part of technical team work is focused on 3 key areas – 1) Technical Advisory (technical accounting and PE/RE industry / regulatory related queries, technical support to sales and implementation team for new clients etc); 2) Technical Reviews (technical / quality reviews of financials, key accounting policies and other complex deliverables); and 3) Technical Updates (monitoring latest accounting, industry and regulatory updates. Issuing technical alerts for internal teams and clients. Delivering technical presentations and other specific training modules for accounting teams). To facilitate the delivery of the 3 key areas effectively to the stakeholders, a technical team member will be at the forefront of the private equity and real estate fund industry developments, including but not limited to financial reporting.
- Assist CS teams in satisfying client needs and requirements
- Support CS delivery through consultation on technical issues
- Establish and maintain accounting and industry technical resources
- Contribute to the strategic and operational development of the company
- Establish learning strategies in relation to technical skills and industry knowledge
- Provide and manage continuing professional development (CPD)
- Develop operational procedures and control tools
Tasks / Duties:
- Advisory and support
- Research and interpret complex structures and related accounting literature including the use of internal and external resources
- Effectively communicate and present technical information to CS teams and provide the company’s view on technical issues to senior client staff and auditors
- Support the CS team members in suggesting practical approaches to resolve accounting, systems and reporting issues
- Provide quality reviews on files prepared by the CS team to assure quality of deliverables across the clients, including working papers, financial statements and other client deliverables such as carry models and other complex assignments
- Co-ordinate the collection of technical and operational knowledge across the company
- Maintain in-house library of technical journals, articles and documentation relating to accounting issues
- Develop awareness of relevant changes to industry practices affecting PE and property fund operations (accounting, regulatory)
- Support other departments as and when necessary, such as sales and implementation teams working on both existing and potential clients
- Undertake any additional reasonable requests as deemed by the company
Qualifications and Experience Required for this Role:
- Qualified Accountant minimum 2 years post qualified, preferably with audit experience
- Strong communication and Excel skills
- Experience in IFRS / UK GAAP
- Experience of providing services to clients and teams
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Keen to undertake technical research
- Comfortable communicating with Senior Management
- ‘Can-do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Knowledge of the PE industry
- Exposure to multiple GAAP environments
- Advanced Excel skills such as complex formulas, pivot tables and data manipulation
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.