Internal Audit Manager
36 Hours p/w
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and ambitious individual to join the Finance department of Next PLC as the Internal Warehouse Audit Manager.
Based predominantly out of our West Yorkshire warehousing division, you will be responsible for the internal audit function covering the whole of Next Warehousing including our Regional Service Centres throughout the UK and our 3 overseas warehouse operations.
You’ll not be leading a traditional internal audit team as you won’t just be focusing on financial controls audits. You’ll get exposure to all areas of the business and work proactively to guide and support new initiatives as well as continually reviewing processes after implementation.
- Create the audit plan for the coming year through identifying risk areas, review the risk registers and prioritising cyclical and new audit areas
- Scope the audit areas using a risk based approach and ensure that audits are completed to the required high standards and in the required time frame ensuring that the methodology and approach remains appropriate to the changing risk of the business
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of 5
- Ensure that detailed audit assignments are performed to a high standard and improve the internal control environment, whilst also adding great business value by influencing senior stakeholders.
- Be required to travel in the role to a range of locations across the UK and Abroad. 90+% of your time will be spent within the UK at our Warehouses and RSC’s and the other time you’ll have the opportunity to travel to our global operations such as visiting Russia, Germany and N. Ireland.
- Previous experience working within a similar role in practice or ideally within an internal audit department in industry
- Experience managing and motivating a team including conducting regular 121s and performance reviews
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to deliver information and influence senior stakeholders across the business
- Great organisational and multitasking skills, both in terms of self, team and managing upwards to ensure deadlines are met
- Flexible to travel both within the UK and abroad – we will give as much notice as possible for longer distance travel
Hiring Process: -
Following CV screening you will be informed if you have been success at this stage via email, so please keep any eye on your inbox.
All interviews will take place at our logistics site in Elmsall. If you are successful you will be invited to attend a first stage interview which will be competency based, lasting approximately 1 hour. Thereafter the final stage will involve a presentation followed by questions.
Where possible, Next endeavour to support all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for this vacancy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Car
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.