Finance Business Partner #288 @ Healthcare INGO
Finance Business Partner #288
4 months contract
Our partner, a leading INGO, has been working to improve health outcomes and strengthen healthcare infrastructure for a number of years. What started off as an initiative to reach, improve health outcomes and offer treatment to remote communities, has grown to an organisation that is focussed on community health development.
Their approach is multiple-pronged, training local healthcare workers and community representatives on issues related to hygiene, sanitation, basic healthcare and maternal healthcare, to working with health ministries, strengthening national systems to take into account needs of the communities.
They are seeking a Finance Business Partner to act as a bridge between the programmes and finance teams, supporting the country teams in understanding and meeting the compliance requirements of the organisation and its donors. This is a newly created position.
- Support in developing programme budgets for proposals and commercial bids, ensuring these are done on a full cost recovery basis.
- Responsible for budget preparation, budget monitoring, preparing monthly variance analysis, budget reforecasting, and cashflow forecasting.
- Review and update budget monitoring and reporting tools.
- Ensuring appropriate grant allocation, and oversight of country office and partner expenses.
- Grant compliance – ensuring that country offices and partners understand and are properly implementing the financial rules and regulations stipulated by institutional donors and commercial grant makers.
- Grant reporting – ensuring that financial reports are made in a timely manner as per donor requirements.
- Conduct financial reconciliations of all projects.
- Support in the preparation of all grant audits.
- Coaching staff as required
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with strong grants compliance, management and donor reporting. Experience in managing institutional grants is essential.
- Experience of working in an organisation with a complex grant portfolio, including grants from commercial as well as donor agencies. Experience of accounting within an INGO is essential.
- Excellent finance business partner, able to build effrectiv relationship with peers remotely, developing tools and coaching them as required, but also being able to question figures.
- Strong analytical skills, able to review and analyse expenditure.
- Good IT skills
- Flexible, approachable and a good communicator
- Able to prioritise a varied workload effectively.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.