Senior Audit Manager
We are offering someone an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation that is reinventing itself to remain successful in a rapidly changing market after more than 50 profitable years in business. Genworth is one of Australia’s leading providers of lenders mortgage insurance, providing a range of capital and risk management solutions to some of Australia’s biggest (and smallest) lending institutions. Our mission is to help more Australians realise the dream of home ownership and we play a unique role in the housing market for that purpose.
The Senior Audit Manager will serve as the 2IC to the Audit Director and has responsibility for leading the delivery of key audits and providing objective assurance to the business over key business risks, through independent assessment of internal management controls.
What you can expect from the role
- Leading critical risk assessments as well as the evaluation of controls and liability and regulatory compliance, financial reporting and operations for assigned business units;
- Plan and lead audits as per the annual Genworth Internal Audit Plan;
- Track open audit findings for closure and ensure audit findings are appropriately addressed;
- Undertake oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be CA qualified and have at least 8 years’ post qualified audit work experience, preferably within a risk management and/or Big 4 environment and/or financial services industry. The successful applicant will also possess:
- Knowledge of APRA Prudential Standards and application thereof
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies.
- Experience auditing public companies
- The ability to analyse and evaluate data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to present analysis and findings in an understandable and actionable format
- Ability to proactively manage assigned tasks and multiple tasks concurrently
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide business unit across all levels;
What is in it for you?
We care about what’s important to our people and understand that the little things can make a big impact. Whether it’s professional growth, spending more time with family or looking after your health and fitness, Genworth provides access to a number of development opportunities and benefits that help support our people both professionally and personally.
If you are interested and have the passion, enthusiasm and skills to join our agile and friendly culture, we would love to hear from you!