Mgr, Fund/Client Accounting
Fund Accounting - NAV Construction
Job Title: Manager
Department: Fund Accounting - NAV Construction
Shifts US (6:00 pm- 6:00 am IST) any 9 hrs.
Team Description Complete the NAV. Review NAV impacting exceptions and make NAV correcting entries where needed. Examples but not limited to:
- Review Cash and Asset reconciliations – investigate exceptions
- Update Accounting Platform (Eagle, InvestOne, IAX) based on cash exceptions
- Make corrections to NAV impacting events where required and supply substantiation to NAV review team
- Income and Expense – Processing and review
- Daily Dividend and Yield Review
- Transaction close - Review exception Management
- Review of valuation Impacts from Control Center
- Run NAV controls - review exceptions, supply substantiation to NAV review team
- InvestOne – Shadow Accounting
Eagle/Invest One, Workbench, TLM, Prime broker websites, Bloomberg, Business Objects, Client Inquiry etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all operational and people management issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Regularly liaise with the onshore line of business to develop necessary extra controls or system changes.
- Monitor quality of processing in cooperation with Team leaders and the LOB through regular spot checks. Evaluate team performance by following up on common objectives, reoccurring errors, overtime, etc.
- Verify that all procedure documentation is updated at all times. Master the internal contingency procedures and acquire general awareness of the BNY Mellon contingency measures
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills. Manage Training requirements, new migration, holiday planning, recuperation, GCIC and overtime
- Work with the Team Leader to ensure timely and accurate completion of reconciliations and guide the team in completing their specific responsibilities. Assist and aid the Team Leader in meeting the required deadlines and deliverables.
- Ensure Team Leader have adhered to requirements to meet the daily tat and quality deadlines ,if any challenges they should be escalated to line manager /Onshore immediately.
- Ensure Team Leaders have adhered to requirements to save all required reports in the designated folders as per agreed timelines.
- Manage a staff of accountants, and act as a mentor for their career growth within AIS and BNYM as a whole
- Ensure all activities are performed efficiently, effectively, accurately and in a timely fashion. Train new staff on procedures and job related activity
- Prepare annual staff performance reviews – set team and individual goals and objectives
- Provide assistance to staff as and when required
- Team building - Identify and motivate appropriate team members for an effective team. Create a positive environment
- Work with Managers to ensure proper staff levels are maintained to adequately service current clients and prepare for new client launches
- Manage a group of 5 to 10+ team leaders responsible for the processing and support of complete, accurate, and timely valuation and financial statements for daily and monthly valued clients
- He/she must effectively work with all groups throughout Asset Servicing in order to provide joint solutions to complex client issues
- He/she will control/mitigate risk related to unique client requirements
- He/she will ensure that each customer's accounting information is in adherence with all BNY Mellon internal policies as well as Investment Company Act of 1940 and other U.S. applicable regulatory requirements
- He/she must effectively use his/her knowledge and understanding of our business in order to appropriately manage the risk inherent in Fund Accounting relationships and our overall business
- He/she will be fully responsible for the Fund Accounting process for her/his staff and will guide staff through change
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.