Research Manager (Operational Risk)
This Research Manager position is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to gain exposure to and work with senior figures in the financial services industry. You will be advising and providing insight on a range of issues from investigating and determining best practice through to original thought leadership research.
Our Client based in Bath aids the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. They research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit the sector.
This organisation is a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a varied portfolio of c.100 leading investment, retail and other banks as well as insurers from more than 20 countries. They are not stopping here. The plans are to continue to grow their portfolio globally
The key responsibilities for this Research Manager (Operational Risk) based in Bath are:
Effectively build relationships with and drive working groups of participants
Develop and analyse the results of surveys, identifying insights and writing them up professionally in reports
Communicate research findings to participants through a variety of mediums, including face to face workshops, webinars, forums, meetings and phone calls.
Be accountable for strong relationships with specific members
- Lead research projects professionally, delivering insight to our Members
- Create and write project and research proposals
- Work in and be able to manage small teams to deliver projects, or work autonomously where required
When applying for Research Manager (Operational Risk) - based in Bath, the successful candidate will be/have:
- Demonstrate success in the delivery of projects
- Ability to build strong relationships and operate professionally with senior personnel, particularly in client facing roles
- Demonstrable experience of leading the development of engaging analysis and reporting
- Ability to offer innovative ideas and solutions and develop new ways to analyse and visualise results
- Success in influencing senior management
- Excellent written and spoken English including strong report writer who can articulate concepts and outputs in accessible language for relevant audiences
- Experience of working in financial services or for financial service clients
- Operational risk knowledge
- Experience of operating in an international environment
Our client offer a very competitive salary and package for this Research Manager (Operational Risk) based in Bath
- Competitive salary Up to £50,000 (Experience Depending)
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance
- Bonus scheme
- Eight per cent company contribution to pension
- Employee recognition scheme
- Support for training and development
- 25 days holiday a year, increasing by one day for each year of service to a maximum of 28 days
- Interest free rail season ticket loan
- Summer and Christmas social events
For more information, please contact Connor Matthews on 01179 271615 / 07778333489.