The Staff Accountant will be responsible to support the Accounting Department by assisting in the performance of reconciliations, the processing of accounts payables, the processing of payroll and additional general accounting work as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Reconcile the Company's records to internal accounting records and third party vendors.
- Prepare journal entries related to daily processing of transaction activities.
- Assist with account research related to third party and other departments' inquiries.
- Produce regular reports for management summarizing account activity.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies.
- Review invoices and supporting documentation for proper approvals, code and input into the AP system.
- Assist in matching checks to invoices and mail to vendor.
- Assist in filing and maintaining paid invoices.
- Provide general support to other areas of the Accounting Department, as necessary.
In addition to the general accounting functions, a plus is understanding payroll related functions such as:
- Assist in processing multi–state bi–weekly payroll and commissions using ADP Workforce Now.
- Verify all payroll changes, new hires and updates into the payroll software system, ensuring the accuracy of the information entered.
- Process and expedite garnishments, withholding orders and employment verifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting strongly preferred, along with at least 1–2 years of related experience including internships.
- Knowledge of payroll and ADP is a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Must possess analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and maintain confidentiality
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- 401(k) participation
- Paid time off benefits
- Great work environment
Reliance First Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, any other characteristic protected by law.