Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor s Employees Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Patient Portal team at MSK is responsible for developing our homegrown portal which is used by new and ongoing patients. This platform enables the institution to share a wealth of information with the patients. Patients can access their appointment, lab results, message their doctors and attend virtual/video visits. MSK currently has a web Portal along with iOS and Android apps.
You will work closely with the product owners and management to collect requirements and prioritize them for the development team You will!
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential problem areas in IT systems across the organization.
- Collaborate with business owners to translate system functionality and configuration to business process requirements
- Interpret and evaluate client informational needs, gather and analyze meaningful data and develop these into appropriately detailed data flow charts, processing logic and requirements.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and improvements to existing applications.
- Work with multi–functional teams to design and implement business requirements.
- Develop detailed system and application specifications, including data conversion, interfaces, and custom reporting to ensure business requirements are met.
- Utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement and functional specifications.
- Configure application setup to optimize end–user workflow and system capabilities
- Identify, understand and communicate configuration options within core system processes to end users to facilitate full system capability utilization
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Perform GAP analysis to identify potential system modification/configuration improvements
- A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science preferred or related field.
- 5+ years working as a Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Been involved in 2–week sprints and understand Agile/Scrum practices as a main participant
- To collect and write business requirements, user stories, and discuss in stand up meetings
- Experience with JIRA is a strong plus
- Healthcare industry experience is a strong plus but not required
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
– provided by Dice