Big Data Business Analyst (Business Systems Consultant 5)
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers– financial needs and help them succeed financially. We–re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you–ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in–store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo–s more than 70 million global customers.
This position is in the Data Transformation and Marketing Analytics team within Enterprise Functions in the WF Technology organization. This team supports the Customer Interactions application and all the related data products, and is a key stakeholder supporting two data domains within the Enterprise Data Environment utilizing the Big Data Hadoop platforms. The Customer Interactions Team provides day to day management of all the Customer Interactions Data Products including the conformed application batch process, message publication, event recognition, and creation/curation of downstream consumption views. The data products that this application creates are key to understanding the various customer interactions and touch points with the bank. In this capacity, the person in this position will work with other Customer Interactions application team members, upstream data providers, and downstream users serving as the key point of contact and subject matter expert for the application. The application consultant/analyst will support data ingestion activities, conformed application execution, and build out of a consumption layer aligning with the EDE data strategy.
This team member–s primary responsibilities beyond serving as a key point of contact for the application would be performing data analysis, defining business rules, preparing functional specifications for system changes, and managing associated testing. They would also work with user communities to provide support including addressing data inquiries/questions, assessing user needs, evaluate recommended changes, and perform general support. The resource will serve as key resource to define and manage a strategy for efficiently supporting upstream and downstream application development and user engagement.
The successful candidate will have strong experience working in a data driven environment such as a data warehouse or integration layer. They should also have strong communication skills and be able to collaborate with technical and non–technical partners. The candidate will have the opportunity to thrive in a flexible/agile application development environment.
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
- 5+ years of data analysis experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of financial services industry experience
- 4+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a production environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Big Data
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- Ability to act as a liaison between the technical design staff and business requester to ensure all requirements are met
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to manage complex data collection and analysis activities including conducting extensive source–to–target mapping exercises
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Knowledge and understanding of application lifecycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support
- Knowledge and understanding of Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions and Enterprise Application Stores
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support or engineering: overall messaging systems
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Working knowledge of Teradata or Oracle
- Knowledge of project management concepts
- Experience with Enterprise MQ or other messaging systems
- Experience with Event Processing capabilities
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full–time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC–Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
MN–Minneapolis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
– provided by Dice