TITLE: Business Analyst Expert 1
LOCATION: Albany, NY
DURATION: 24 Months
The Medicaid Data Warehouse Bureau is the primary repository for Medicaid in New York State and is the main provider of Business Intelligence about Medicaid Data. The Bureau is comprised of two functional areas, the Medicaid Data Warehouse (MDW) and the Medicaid Analytics Performance Portal (MAPP).
The MDW includes the Medicaid Information Services Center, a Data Warehouse, business Intelligence capabilities, reporting capabilities, and user support and litigation requests. MAPP includes Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP), Health Homes and Value Based Payment (VBP) projects.
The Business Analysts will work closely with Medicaid Data Warehouse (MDW) program staff, vendor staff, and other stakeholders to define and develop requirements in all aspects of the MDW. The Business Analysts will apply a wide range of specialized knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for the MDW. Specific duties include:
Analyzes, develops and revises flow charts, process models and technical specifications describing as–is or to–be Information Technology (IT) systems or business processes
Prioritizes IT system requirements and gains stakeholder agreement for IT projects or business process change documents detailing the project
Assists with developing presentations to justify and explain IT system or business process requirements
Evaluates the outcomes of systems testing, and confirms that the results are consistent with the system or business process specifications
Reviews proposals from staff and recommends to management the criticality of revising system or business process requirements during and after IT system implementation, if applicable
Determines the impact of software and hardware releases on the IT system
Assists with the development of training related to business systems implementation for users
Assists in querying Data sources to determine the validity of project outputs
Documents data architecture
1. Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or similar field of study. 4.5 6
2. 84 months of business analysis in Information Technology on SDLC projects; including developing business cases, gap analysis, functional and non–function requirements, test cases and plans. 14.
3. 84 months of experience using recognized business analysis methodologies to elicit requirements from business users. 10.5 14
4. 60 months of Data analysis/Data mining of systems and relational databases. 7.5 10
5. 60 months of experience querying and interrogating data using SQL on DB2 or Oracle platforms using tools such as SQL query tools and using MS Access. 5.25 7
6. 24 months experience with Medicaid data and its analysis 4.5 6
7. 60 months of experience analyzing and developing reporting needs/reports from three perspectives: senior management, power user, and ad hoc, using industry standard (e.g. Cognos) reporting software 5.25 7
8. 24 months experience working in a formal Project Management office, working with Project Managers and teams, and using standardized methodologies and templates. 8.
Thanks & Regards