Expert - Business Analyst
Analyzes an organization or business domain (real or hypothetical) and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology with distinct deliverables to a solution.
Expert 7+ Months Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
- Analyzes, develops and revises flow charts, process models and technical specifications describing as–is or to–be Information Technology (IT) systems or business processes
- Prioritizes IT system requirements and gains stakeholder agreement for IT projects or business process change documents detailing the project
- Assists with developing presentations to justify and explain IT system or business process requirements
- Evaluates the outcomes of systems testing, and confirms that the results are consistent with the system or business process specifications
- Reviews proposals from staff and recommends to management the criticality of revising system or business process requirements during and after IT system implementation, if applicable
- Determines the impact of software and hardware releases on the IT system
- Assists with the development of training related to business systems implementation for users
- Writes Queries
- Assists in querying Data sources to determine the validity of project outputs Documents data architecture
Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or similar field of study.
7 Yrs of business analysis in Information Technology on SDLC projects; including developing business cases, gap analysis, functional and non–function requirements, test cases and plans
5 yrs of experience using recognized business analysis methodologies to elicit requirements from business users.
5 yrs of Data analysis/Data mining of systems and relational databases.
5 yrs of experience querying and interrogating data using SQL on DB2 or Oracle platforms using tools such as SQL query tools and using MS Access.
2 yrs experience with Medicaid data and its analysis
5 yrs of experience analyzing and developing reporting needs/reports from three perspectives: senior management, power user, and ad hoc, using industry standard (e.g. Cognos) reporting software
2 yrs experience working in a formal Project Management office, working with Project Managers and teams, and using standardized methodologies and templates.
– provided by Dice