IT Business Analyst
Required Skills Set:
Years of Experience: 2+
Education Required: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Preferably bachelor's degree (Computer Science or Information Systems) or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with information systems.
- Experience with and familiarity with technologies including SharePoint, Service Now, Salesforce, Microsoft Project, Jira, etc.
- Familiarity in working on IT audits, including a SOC2, or other security and compliance related initiatives.
- Skill set in Business Requirements and Functional Specification gathering, prioritizing, and producing preferred.
- Ability to facilitate teams to elicit requirements.
- Familiarity with developing business cases and ROI analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with system developers and system users.
- Thorough working knowledge of latest trends and practices in information technology.
- Is able to perform structured analysis and work with requirements documentation techniques such as use cases and business process modeling techniques.
- Familiarity with data query tools.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Able to establish and maintain effective key business relationships with both internal staff and external contacts.
- Position requires the ability to effectively prioritize, juggle, and manage numerous projects, initiatives, and problem–solving activities.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
We are looking for an IT Business Analyst who will be responsible for managing and implementing technologies and processes around IT Operations management. This includes gathering requirements, creating documentation, reporting and implementing technology solutions to ensure the IT department is meeting its goals. Additionally, this role will help achieve the goals of other departments by collaborating on projects to which they've been assigned.
- Work collaboratively with IT team and stakeholders to identify project requirements and communicate various steps of the project.
- Uses business analysis methodology.
- Assists, develops and maintains project requirements approach, schedules, and management reporting.
- Provide business stakeholders with IT recommendations, addressing process improvements and meeting goals. Upon consensus and approval, author use case, business and functional requirements that define the function of a proposed process or revisions.
- Prepares estimates for projects assigned.
- Performs analysis on business area and automation applicability.
- Ensures requirements completeness and traceability.
- Maintain and enhance existing requirement documentation.
- Triage incoming defects, which includes researching internal as well as vendor documentation. Tracking duplicate and or similar reported problems for patterns.
- Discuss solutions with technical team, testers and business stakeholders as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
Must be able to work on site in King of Prussia, PA– provided by Dice