Senior Business Analyst
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Columbus, GA
Duration: 18+ Months Contract
*** CANDIDATE MUST BE LOCAL ***
- 6 years of business systems work experience analyzing and administering departmental or business unit specific software, systems, or database platforms, with demonstrated professional growth and achievement in an organization of comparable size and industry.
- Demonstrated experience managing low to mid–level projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of computer program design/applications, work flow analysis and system program logic.
- Knowledge of the business unit/departments operations and administration.
- Knowledge of the business unit/departments products and services.
- Working knowledge of performance monitors and debugger tools.
- Knowledge of networking and distributed computing concepts.
- Multi–tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast–paced, rapidly changing, environment with competing demands.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to mediate between wants, needs, and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; and the ability to facilitate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly, and completely as well as communicate them clearly to upper management.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn and become proficient using all department databases
- Responsible for systems support and services, this includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain an effective working relationship with software and outsource vendors, test and coordinates the implementation of new releases or system enhancement installations, identify and correct system related errors, and respond to special customer reporting needs.
- Serve as a liaison between staff, Information Technology, and software vendors.
- Plan, coordinate and implement conversions, develop and implement disaster recovery plans, and training programs related to business systems.
- Develop and produce reports for management and staff; seek ways to apply technology to business processes.
- Operate with substantial latitude for un–reviewed action and decision making within the framework of the jobs primary duties and responsibilities.
- Acts in an advisory capacity, making recommendations which may have important bearing on the way business is conducted within the business unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain business relationships within the business unit and IT personnel and managers.
- Provide business and technical solutions to end–users by overseeing the required resources needed to find solutions.
- Prioritize requested business unit information solutions to ensure resources are applied to the highest priority activities.
- Provide training and end–user support services.
- Analyze and review new technological advancements and productivity enhancement tools. Interact with managers and supervisors to determine requirements for new or modified software and hardware products.
- Oversee system upgrades and periodic testing, and the implementation of contingency plans to ensure availability of applications in case of system failure
- Ensure system backups have been executed and offsite storage of data is performed for sub–systems.
- Perform basic systems security functions detecting and reporting on erroneous input of system data that may impact applications through periodic self–testing.
- Correct and implement system programs and procedures if found through internal and external audit reviews.
- Coordinate and schedule system maintenance activities.
- May coordinate and monitor data transfer.
- May serve as a security office granting and removing system access and user ID's and access permissions.
- Consult with IT on developing long–range information solutions.
- Work with end users in designing, writing, developing and maintaining relational database reports and outputs.
- Maintain a stockpile of standard report templates and queries from which a customized report can be developed.
- Prepare statistical, financial, productivity and other ad–hoc reports for management and staff review
- Develop and administer end–user support programs.
- Track and record functional user support requests to determine additional training needs.
- May develop, design, deliver or consults with subject matter experts, to develop alternative technical solutions and provide related systems training; advise on options, risk, cost versus benefit, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Maintain and manage relationships with external vendors as they relate to training and/or renewal of contracts. Participate in new product development efforts.
- May assist management in developing strategic and profit plans.
- May assist with coordinating year–end–system close out activities.
- Serve as a project lead on mid to high dollar, and high visibility projects, or as a department lead; may orient, train, assign and check the work of junior team members
- Review progress and evaluate results, provide information for performance management and assist with the hiring and termination process.
- May consult with Human Resources as needed.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area.
- This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
- Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or a related discipline.