Pro Innovation Inc. is an IT service provider and direct vendor for State of Washington agencies. We are locally based company working with state agencies for last 10 years. We are looking for a Business Analyst for one of our government clients located in Olympia, WA
The Sr. Business Analyst oversees and actively manages enhancement project completion and ongoing support for systems utilized by Labor & Industries. This includes and defining analyzing and documenting user requirements, procedures and problem resolutions. This role is expected to propose and implement initiatives to consistently increase overall department–wide efficiency and standards. The Sr. Business Analyst is also responsible for following the appropriate methodologies and best practices for performing business analysis and design in the support of core organizational functions and business processes.
- Lead design discussions, identify design options, provide UI mock–ups.
- Plan, execute, and document fit–gap analysis, application configuration, deployment, data migration, and integration.
- Develop test schedules, review testing plans, track and document testing efforts.
- Develop project management plans and estimates to support projects and enhancements
- Help facilitate project/enhancement governance and prioritization.
- Support existing portfolio of applications through small enhancements and bug fixes.
- Prepare presentations for business users and senior management.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects, and lead projects through completion.
- Alert manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Ensure that business requirements are structured using industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Identify areas within the business where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity. Provide analysis of current processes and workflows and be able to work with the business to suggest improvements.
- Understand the functions and constraints of the current systems and work with the development teams and/or vendor to drive new features.
- Provide user documentation and training for applications.
- Assist in creation of project estimates to support departmental planning and budgeting activities.
- Act as a mentor and coach to Business Analysts
A minimum of eight (8) years of business analysis experience
- Documented experience with SDLC methodology and process.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
- Strategic, innovative thinking and vision.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of technology.
- Experience with Agile methodology is a plus
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience required.