Business Analyst (Locals Only)
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process models, independent business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
- Decompose high–level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Identify business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Participate in requirements prioritization and facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Analyze and document business requirements and required data to deliver work products throughout the project life cycle.
- Translate business requirements to System/Functional specifications, and pass them on to Application Developers.
- Coordinate Business Validation to verify that a set of end–to–end business processes function as intended.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Coordinate business testing teams and User Acceptance testing, including assisting testers in defect reporting, testing practices, writing test scenarios and how to analyze results.
- Coordinate testing efforts including but not limited to conversion validation, integration, functional, non–functional, user acceptance testing and other testing efforts.
- Work with the project manager in managing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and ensuring it reflects the project s scope.
- Enter, update, maintain, and report progress related to individual work items entered into the JIRA and YouTrack work management systems.
- Facilitate the delivery and testing teams to ensure roadblocks are raised and addressed, progress is reported daily, and the team works collaboratively in delivering business value.
- Assist in project management when the project manager is not onsite or unavailable.
- Three (3) years experience in a Business Analyst role analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for process redesign projects
- Three (3) years experience in an IT Business Analyst role analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for IT projects
- Two (2) engagements lasting more than 12 months in a Business Analyst role
- Two (2) engagements with testing experience; and
- Two (2) years experience in project management activities either as the assigned project manager or assisting a lead project manager with project organization and task identification
- Experience with data conversion validation and analysis
- Demonstrated problem–solving skills in problem definition, information gathering and research, alternatives analysis, applying creative solutions to unique and/or immediate problems, and appropriate resolution implementation.
- Ability to communicate clearly, present complex information to users in a comprehensive style, and translate technical and system information for non–technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to collaborate, work effectively as part of a team and establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of business customers and technology staff.
- Experience performing, and advanced knowledge of, Quality Assurance and Project Management activities.
- Lead BA experience
- Financial transaction and workflow experience