Business Analyst w QA Experience and Financial
Business Analyst with QA Experience
Act as a bridge between business and technology, taking responsibility for particular processes, systems or projects and ensuring quality delivery. Bring energy and enthusiasm to a growing team that is leading a business and IT transformation.
Should become a subject matter expert in multiple business and/or technology areas at COMPANY. This resource will have a thirst for knowledge and a strong desire to lead improvement efforts through technical implementations, organizational change and effective communications.
Depending on assignment, may be focused more on IT systems, business functions and processes or on managing particular projects, or a combination of all of these. Assignments may change over time based on need and aptitude.
Support senior business systems managers/owners.
Business Functions and Processes
- Able to learn and understand at a high level the business functions at COMPANY and dive in to the details where necessary
- Able to conceptualize processes and suggest improvements
- Through a deep understanding of these functions and processes able to act as a proxy for the business users, and represent their needs in discussions with Technology, external vendors or other internal groups
- Able to develop and understand a higher level conceptual model of how all the functions and processes at COMPANY interact and are interdependent
- Able to elicit real business needs from stakeholders
- Able to keep digging to root causes and requirements
- Able to run requirements gathering or joint design sessions with diverse stakeholders
- Able to clearly document requirements at different levels of detail using appropriate deliverable formats
- Able to clearly playback requirements for verification
- Able to translate requirements into appropriate formats for different audiences, including technical requirements for developers
- Able to build test cases from requirements
- Able to perform manual functional and regression tests
- Able to write technical requirements based on business needs for implementation by developers
- Able to communicate with developers and represent and explain business needs
- Able to collaborate with development in design of technical solutions, including UI, data model, etc.
- Able to consider and comment upon non–functional requirements, and hold their own in discussions about technical architecture, performance, service levels, etc.
- Able to verify technical delivery of business needs through quality assurance testing
- Create concrete, detailed project plans including schedule, budget, team member tasks, etc.
- Collaborate with various teams and hold meetings to develop project plans and present them to management.
- Closely monitor project progress to ensure that projects remain on track, meet deadlines, stay under budget, and develop according to plan. Responsible not only for documenting project objectives, but also for ensuring that they are met.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting all project results and then reporting or presenting them to the appropriate parties.
- Maintaining contact with clients and other parties through email and phone calls, answering questions and concerns, preparing presentations, entering project data and other project–related clerical duties as needed.
Detail–oriented, with rigorous follow–up. Able to multi–task. Great communication skills and able to adapt to changing circumstances. Comfortable writing and presenting. Pro–active and forward thinking. Able to anticipate needs and function without constant supervision. Collaborative and respectful, but able to assert and escalate where needed.
- Learn all aspects of assigned business functions or technical systems
- Document business needs through functional requirements documents, flowcharts, process maps and other methods
- Translate business needs into clear technical requirements for implementation
- Verify technical delivery of business needs
- Perform manual functional and regression testing
- Manage outsourced resources in achieving specific QA or BA tasks
- Work with internal and external testers to ensure the high quality product delivery
- Work with internal and external resources to define testing and test automation coding norms, including technology/tool selection, oversight of their implementation, and promoting continuous improvement through regular reviews
- Work closely with Development and Product Management to ensure that all deadlines and goals are met, as well as quality software is released on schedule
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Create and update project plans in Excel or MS Project
- Schedule meetings
- Manage meeting logistics including conference calls, webex, etc
- Write meeting notes
- Maintain project repository in Sharepoint, checking in documents, etc
- Maintain and update project related registers in Excel or Sharepoint such as Issues List, Risk Register, etc
- Follow up with other project resources to notify them of upcoming deadlines, get task status, obtain necessary deliverables, etc
- Basic administrative workflow tasks around getting invoice approvals, executing NDAs and SOWs, etc
- Producing certain project deliverables
- Creating powerpoint presentations based on input from other resources
- Producing status reports
- Experience working as a business analyst with exposure to financial companies and information technology
- Experience with business analysis, requirements gathering and quality assurance
- Experience writing functional and technical requirements documents
- Experience writing test scripts
- Experience performing manual functional and regression testing
- Analytical thinker, able to break high–level project goals into discrete tasks
- Expertise with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Project Management
- Good Communication skills, written and oral.
- Experience with MS Project or some other project management tool
- Experience with Sharepoint
- Knowledge of and Experience with Project management methodologies, waterfall, agile, RUP, etc
- Some knowledge of Accounting/Back–office systems and processes
- Experience as a people manager leading teams of individual contributor and leads
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience leading an Agile transformation for QA functions
- Experience in testing high–performance, highly–available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with designing test tools and frameworks with an emphasis on test automation and extending test coverage
- Experience with test automation technologies
- Has experience and conviction around measures to quantify software quality
- Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
- Experience with performance testing using open source tools such as LoadRunner and JMeter
- Experience with CI/CD tools: Jenkins
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services, Azure DevOps
- Experience in agile development methodology
– provided by Dice