Audit Quality Manager, FSO
剩余 1 天
The Financial Services Assurance practice in the UK has over 1500 professionals delivering external audit and other assurance services to clients within the financial service industry. Our professionals offer a wide range of services across Audit, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Extended Assurance (EA) and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS). The UK practice is part of EMEIA FSO which operates across 19 countries and encompasses more than 13,000 staff across all services lines.
The is an opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join the Audit Quality team as a manager. This role is vital in supporting the practice execution of the quality agenda which is a key strategic initiatives for UK Financial Services Office (FSO).
The Audit Quality team have high visibility across the UK and EMEIA FSO leadership. As part of the audit quality team you will get an opportunity to;
- Play a key role in driving high profile audit quality initiatives
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with other parts of the business (e.g. Professional Practice Directorate & Risk Management) in the UK firm EMEIA,
- Work in a friendly and quality-focused environment.
Your Key Responsibilities:
This is a huge and exciting opportunity to gain exposure across the entire FS practice and to the leadership within the UK firm. We are looking for a proactive and pragmatic individual who can support the practice as well as develop initiatives and implement them into the practice. You will be required to:
- Prepare and attend key stakeholder meetings, and manage virtual team members.
- Manage the FSO specific initiatives in a variety of areas including guidance on oversight of specialists, data analytics, knowledge management, automated audit files, best practice work papers, coordinating the wider audit quality network and monitoring actions against agreed audit quality plans
- Coordinate any training requests as necessary, working with the L&D team
- Develop and execute communication to the broader FSO assurance group
- Create management information and reporting on audit quality metrics and initiatives
- Audit quality projects which may arise on an ad hoc basis
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Experience with developing and delivering audit technical learning material
- Experience of delivering audit engagements, ideally in a financial services environment
- Experience of leading audits or projects, including leading teams on a day to day basis and being the first point of contact for clients (internal or external)
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Good organisational, project management and time management skills with a strong focus on delivering results including an ability to plan ahead and anticipate problems
- The ability to develop and maintain strong networks
- Effective upward management
- Excellence in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An accounting qualification coupled with membership of ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS or ICAI (or equivalent)
- A strong knowledge of IFRS and UK Auditing standards (ISAs (UK))
- Experience in a similar role or recent and extensive external audit experience within a Big 4 or mid-tier firm
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in an FS environment and/or within a Big 4 professional services firm
What we look for:
- An experienced Accounting professional with a good understand of quality and risk management.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply as soon as possible.