Business Analyst - Fixed Income
Req ID: VMS
Title: Business Analyst – Fixed Income
Location: Newark, NJ – 07102
Years of Experience: Mid to Senior Level
Duration: 6 months+
Right to hire: Yes
Scope of Work:
The Business Analyst will work with systems and business personnel to develop business specifications based off of business needs. The business analyst may also develop test plans and test decks.
- Experience with Blackrock Aladdin is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with Bloomberg data is a big plus.
- Previous working experience with fixing income quant team is desirable.
- In–depth understanding of various Fixed Income instruments and their analytics, characteristics and benchmarks with proven knowledge of Derivatives and its processes is required.
- Candidate must have highly developed analytical, conceptual and problem–solving skill sets. Position requires the ability to quickly trouble shoot issues and think outside the box.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and connect the dots, as well as demonstrate drive, resourcefulness, and personal ownership of assignments.
- Ability to work independently is critical, as is the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and actively participate in assessing impact of requested changes on existing processes.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and comfortable working with all levels of an organization's technology and business groups.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and PowerPoint. Prior experience with JIRA and Confluence is a plus.
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience is preferred.
- Must be highly proficient in data manipulation and writing SQL queries.
- Hands–on experience with any investment / trading system, or performance attribution system is a plus.
- Ability to manage small team or projects is highly desirable.
- Undergraduate (B.S.) degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or Information System is preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience in the Financial Industry, specifically Fixed Income.
– provided by Dice